Our visions and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
We are a friendly inclusive school serving the local community, its children and their parents.
Our School Values are:
These are taught through Assemblies, PSHE and other subjects.
At Wellesley Park we believe whole-heartedly that:
1) Every child should have the opportunity to excel.
In order to try and achieve this we:
• Offer a wide range of activities in line with the National Curriculum and national strategies for our children so that they may discover their talents.
• Have high expectations of all our children.
• Allow them the time necessary to produce quality work.
• Respect their achievements and give the children opportunities to share them with others. In these ways a child may grow through their success and consequently all areas of their school life will benefit.
2) A child learns best in a secure and happy environment.
• We have developed an admission strategy which is geared to a smooth and easy entry to the school.
• The children are sensitively grouped and the teachers work together in teams. Classrooms are made attractive and interesting.
3) Each child is unique.
• We assess the starting points of all children and work towards fulfilling their full potential.
• Children are helped to learn how to learn.
• All members of the school community are encouraged to value the individual and treat everyone as equals.
4)The development of positive attitudes in the child is important.
Opportunities are provided, through the organisation of the school and our teaching, to reinforce the values of
• responsibility and
5) The education of the whole child depends on the quality of the relationship between the school, the home and the community.
Parents are always welcome in the school and there are many home/school initiatives which are in operation.
There is a flourishing P.T.A. which provides for our children.
Our Governing Body comprises representatives from all the important areas of the community and is a great source of support for the school.
There are various occasions throughout the school year when parents are welcomed into the school to celebrate the achievements and talents of the children.