Week beginning 11th July 2016
This week we have:
- Written Super Sentences starting with 'At the beach'
- Talked about French Day
- Talked about going to the SeaQuarium
- Show and Tell
- Whole school assembly about our school 40th birthday celebrations.
- Listened to the 'Gilbert the Great' story
- Celebrating French Day:
- Dressing up in red, white and blue and/or as a French person
- Eating baguette, brie, croissant, brioche, crepe and pan au chocolate
- Drawing and colouring the Eiffel Tower
- Making the Eiffel Tower out of straws, Lego and Kids K-Nex
- Drawing Mondrian pictures
- Colouring and making French flags
Week beginning 4th July 2016
- Started with Super Sentences - The spaceman ______
- Had Dough Disco
- Had handwriting - 'go, going, went'
- We went to PE with Mr Bath
- Had Read, Write Inc.
- Had singing practise for the house singing competition
- Talked about our story Whatever Next - what did we think would happen?
- Went to assembly with the rest of the school
During the rest of the week we:
- Drew a story map of 'Whatever Next'
- Used the story maps to retell the story
- Came up with questions for Baby Bear from the story
- 'Hot seated' - we pretended to be Baby Bear to answer the questions
- Took our 'compare bears' on our own adventures outside
- Wrote about our favourite parts of the story
- Had the house singing competition well done to Cherokee in KS1 and Apache/Mohican in KS2
- Scrubbed, cooked and tasted the potatoes with special guest taster Mrs Curtis